Ci Live sessions are training events for those in the industry who want to learn both the science and application of advanced building science principles. You’ll learn how to simplify projects, reduce labor costs and defects, improve overall building performance, and sell the value of high-performance to your clients.
The Building Science Behind Durable & Energy Efficient Walls
Choosing the Right Foundation System to Maintain Comfort
Developing a Long-Lasting Roof System for High Performance Homes
Understanding Insulation as a Building Enclosure Component
High Performance Walls & Exterior Insulation
During this two-day, hands-on training and development event, various topics are covered to discuss applied building science techniques and tools as they relate to HVAC and mechanical systems.
Who Should Attend Ci Live?
- Anyone involved in the Residential Building Industry
- Builders, General Contractors, Architects, Manufacturers, Suppliers, Distributers, Sales Reps, Energy Raters, Purchasing Managers, Engineers,
- Level: Advanced
- Prerequisites: Applied Building Science Preferred
- Doors to Ci Live open at 8am.
- Breakfast & Lunch will be provided each day.
- Day 1: 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Followed by a Happy Hour and Q&A session with informal discussions, hands-on product demo's, and more.
- Day 2: 8:30am - 3:30pm
- Allowing for an evening flight home if necessary.
What You Will Accomplish
- Identify the increased importance of key air and weather barrier details to maintain long-term durability.
- Produce an overview of wall system alternatives and their overall impact on air, heat, and moisture flow.
- Understand which foundation systems create long lasting air, heat, and moisture control.
- Review techniques to manage the effects of liquid water on foundations.
- Discuss roof design strategies for effective load & peak thermal performance.
- Understand the importance of roof design with regards to water management strategies.
- Understanding the physics of how insulation works in buildings.
- Identify construction detail options for the installation of different interior & exterior insulation strategies in traditional framed wall systems,
- Understand the total thermal effectiveness of wall systems and how/where to safely increase it.
- Review details for improving connections of the wall to foundation and wall to attic.
Take A Virtual Tour of Ci Live!